We would like to express our apologies for any inconvenience or confusion caused at the Drive thru clinic on Sunday 25th September.
Unfortunately just after 5pm, an error was picked up, that a number of patients, who are not yet eligible to receive their Autumn booster/flu vaccine had been included into a search which had resulted in an invite being sent to them to attend/book appointments at the drive thru and other Covid clinics at the Town Hall.
This search is one that is built externally not by the practice and we are asked to use this to recall the patients due for Covid vaccines. This error has been raised with them. Unfortunately we have to follow the government/NHSE guidance and are unable to vaccinate anyone who doesn’t fall into the current cohorts 1-6 which are:
|Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
|All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
|All those 75 years of age and over
|All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (not including pregnant women and those under 16 years of age)
|All those 65 years of age and over
|Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group
Clinical conditions list:
· a blood cancer (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma)
· a heart problem
· a chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including bronchitis, emphysema or severe asthma
· a kidney disease
· a liver disease
· lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (such as HIV infection, steroid medication, chemotherapy or radiotherapy)
· rheumatoid arthritis, lupus or psoriasis (who may require long term immunosuppressive treatments)
· have had an organ transplant
· had a stroke or a transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
· a neurological or muscle wasting condition
· a severe or profound learning disability
· a problem with your spleen, example sickle cell disease, or you have had your spleen removed
· are seriously overweight (BMI of 40 and above)
· are living with a severe mental illness
The government/NHSE has announced that we can start to move into cohort 7- 9 towards the end of October when we will resend invites to any eligible patients moving down in age order the invite will include a link to enable patients to self-book into available clinics.
|All those 60 years of age and over
|All those 55 years of age and over
|All those 50 years of age and over
|Rest of the population (to be determined)
Once again please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or confusion caused and please be assured that we are looking to rectify this as soon as possible.