Lancaster Flu Vaccinations 2020
For your safety, due to COVID-19, we have changed the way you will get your flu vaccine this year. Please read all the following information carefully to ensure you get your vaccine if you are eligible.
Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th September – Lancaster University (Drive-Through) COMPLETED
Saturday 19th September – Moor Lane Mills (Walk-In) COMPLETED
More info can be found below.
Future clinics may be announced - We advise you check our website regularly as information may be updated.
To be eligible for the current round of flu vaccines you must:
Be aged 65+ (by 31/03/21)
Be in the at-risk categories
- If you have a chronic respiratory disease (including asthma)
- If you have chronic heart disease
- If you have chronic renal disease
- If you are diabetic
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you live in a long-stay residential or nursing home
- If you have a chronic liver disease
- If you are a carer
Please Note If you are not in one of these categories, you will be turned away. There will be a second phase for under 65s.
Please note that people in the 50-64-year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine, and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
During our flu clinics we ask that you please:
- Do not attend if you have any symptom of COVID-19 (i.e. a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- Wear a face covering (unless you are exempt)
- Keep at least 2 metres from others
- Wear loose clothing or keep one arm uncovered for ease of vaccination