Alternative CErvical screening (ACES) in Primary Care study
This study is being run by Manchester University and aims to determine whether a urine test can accurately be used for cervical screening in the future.
We need to speak to you and send you information PRIOR to your appointment so if you are interested then please get in touch before your appointment date. We will complete the study with you on the same day as your routine cervical screening appointment. We may simply ask you to come in a little earlier than your scheduled clinic appointment time.
A smear clinic for the study will be running on Wed 6th Dec. We will be able to book you in on different dates so if you are unable to make this date and would like to take part please still get in touch by ringing Sadie on 01524 584873
If you due or booked in for a smear test and would like to take part we will:
- Talk to you about what the study involves, by phone call prior to your appointment
- Send you a Patient Information Sheet and consent form
- Ask you a few questions about your medical history
- Collect a urine sample from you prior to your smear being taken
- Ask you to complete a short questionnaire
- Take your smear in the same way as usual
For more information please call the Research Nurses on 01524 584874/3 or visit the study website by following this link.