It’s breast cancer awareness month! Did you know that the FREE NHS breast screening programme, which invites women aged 50 up to 71, is for well women with no signs or symptoms. If you have received an invitation to attend breast screening, please do contact us to arrange an appointment. Check your breasts regularly and if you notice any changes that aren’t normal for you contact your GP. #bescreened
Why attend for your breast screening?
- 1 in 7 women will develop breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK.
- The current evidence suggests that breast screening reduces the number of deaths from breast cancer by about 1,300 a year in the UK.
- If you have received an invitation and would like to book an appointment, you can:
- Returning your enclosed ‘Reply slip’ (Freepost)
- Via our website: uhmb.nhs.uk/hospitals/royal-lancaster-infirmary/breast-screening/
- Alternatively, you can email us on [email protected] we aim to respond within 5 working days, however during busy periods this could be longer. Or call us on the telephone number on your invitation. Please note that our telephone lines are extremely busy and we ask you for your patience when calling.